top of page

Organic Does Not Imply Chemical-Free

Updated: Aug 29, 2023



Unveiling the Reality Behind 'Organic': More Than Meets the Eye


The term "organic" often conjures images of purity and cleanliness, yet the label alone on vegetables doesn't guarantee an absence of chemicals or pesticides. In fact, it can be quite the opposite.


Organic farmers are permitted to use sprays and powders to safeguard their produce from pests, primarily relying on pesticides and herbicides sourced from natural origins. Surprisingly, these natural pesticides can be just as harmful, if not more so, than synthetic alternatives. Many have toxic properties, presenting significant health risks upon repeated exposure. Certain natural pesticides are even classified as potential carcinogens. For instance, Rotenone, derived from subtropical plants, served as a conventional organic pesticide for decades before being linked to Parkinson's Disease and banned in 2005.


Numerous equally hazardous chemicals remain permissible, along with a list of nearly 200 non-organic substances allowed under USDA Organic Certification.


Moreover, little-known is the fact that the "organic" label necessitates only 95% of ingredients to be organic, allowing the remaining 5% to be treated with non-organic chemicals.


So, how can you ensure your family consumes vegetables and fruits free from chemical residues?


Our suggestion: cultivate your own.


The great news is, you no longer require expertise in gardening to do so—Agwa takes care of it for you. Agwa represents a pioneering home appliance for growing vegetables. Its innovation lies in the AI Virtual Agronomist, which oversees and manages every growth aspect remotely. This ensures long-term consistency and remarkable efficiency, capable of supplying a family with greens, herbs, and more.


Agwa functions as a closed-loop hydroponic system, entirely free from pesticides. It's so pure that washing the vegetables before consumption becomes unnecessary.


Better still, by reducing much of the supply chain, the cost of these immaculate home-grown products could be as much as 50% less than retail prices for organic produce.

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page